Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Reflection on the Web 2.0 Workshop


WOW. It has been a truly amazing two and a half days. My brain is spinning. I have not learned so many cool things in such a short time and I realize that things keep evolving faster and faster. I am 5 to 6 years away from retirement and I don't want to retire. Either that or I will retire and go back to school full time.

Del,icio.us looks like a very good resource to give to students and teachers. I like the idea of your resources being accessible from anywhere in the world. Plus as students build a list of resources they can have it after they graduate from high school and teachers can have it if they move to a different district.

box.net is another resource that I want all of the district staff to utilize. What a great way to get access to the files you want from anywhere.

Blogging - I really want to try this with fifth grade students this year. See my previous post about the idea I have for using blogging with students in our district.

Blogline - Great to have a place to have the information that you want come to while you are doing other things and to have other people do the work for you.

Wiki - I would like to use this with our Technology Committee and introduce it to different departments/groups within our district. Not sure I will use this with students.

One thing that I want to do is to create staff development on these tools, but I need way more practice before I do that.

I just with that this workshop could go on for two weeks, it is hard to internalize everything that we have learned in just four or five days. I need more practice with all of these tools.

What else would I like to learn???? Flickr, visual literacy.

No comments: